Located just outside Bawnboy village.
This was an Ulster Plantation Fort, possibly built on the site of an old Magauran stronghold probably around 1610/15.
The place name Bawnboy derives from the Irish, An
Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.
– The Yellow Bawn Buí (boy) meaning yellow, received its name from the colour of the sand used in the building of the Bawn. .